Monday, March 30, 2009

to the One who does not allow my feet to slip...

Psalm 66:16-20
16 Come and hear, all who fear God,
And I will tell of what He has done for my soul.
17 I cried to Him with my mouth,
And He was extolled with my tongue.
18 If I regard wickedness in my heart,
The Lord will not hear;
19 But certainly God has heard;
He has given heed to the voice of my prayer.

20 Blessed be God,
Who has not turned away my prayer
Nor His lovingkindness from me.

"I will praise you, because You do not take your love away when my life gets messy and difficult. You listen to my cries for help... I will tell all who will listen about Your faithfulness!"

Selah

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

He doesn't take His Love away, for one example, because things that are messy and difficult for us, do not throw Him off.
He has a perfect plan for our life, and to be in line with that Plan we have a very, very thin road to walk along. It's on THAT road, that He doesn't allow us to slip, because He is with us.

If you know anything about Pilgrim's Progress, this fits perfectly because we can see the distinct differences between the straight and narrow and the crooked and wide, and how Christian's life changes when he is on either.

We can move mountains with faith the size of the mustard seed, that's the Spirit dwelling in us, and the faith He gives us, aimed at whatever obstacle. There is no size to Jesus, so literally moving a mountain with faith, isn't something absurd to Him.

just to those that have little faith, and no wind in their sails....:)

Gabriel said...

(ocean is theory reference if you didn't pick it up)